Here comes Thanksgiving again. It has been along hard year with a lot of bad things going on in the world. The shooting in Las Vegas followed up in California. Acts of terror around the world. The B. S. coming out of Washington and the lame (main) stream media. One wonders if there is anything to be thankful for. My daddy made a short list last week which he sent out to the people he home teaches. I’m going to borrow part of that list. My thoughts are in bold after each of daddy’s points.
- Life; Life is the greatest gift we have been given each day brings new joys and blessings. I for one am happy to be alive I almost wasn’t they wanted to put me down because of my rear legs.
- Free agency; Second to life is the right or freedom to choose our path becoming who and what we please. I chose my daddy even though everyone thought mommy was supposed to be my people.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice given to all men. Of course, we know that all dogs go to heaven.
- America; this great land in which we live. The US Constitution is the greatest governing document ever penned by man. No other land offers or has offered the freedoms, privileges, or opportunities. We might not always agree with our leaders but we are a blessed land. I’ve never been outside of the US but my daddy has. He tells me how much better life is here than anywhere else. I can even tell that by watching or reading the news.
- Our family; Dad and I didn’t always get along but he taught me a lot. My parents have passed yet I have my sisters, wife, kids, and grandchildren. My daddy doesn’t always listen to me but he’s a good daddy anyway. I love my family.
- Ability to read; Even today here in America 14% of adults can’t read. Not only can I read, I can also write. How else could I maintain my blog.
- Food; Each day an estimated 21,000 people starve to death. Almost 1 Billion people go to bed without enough to eat. Daddy and mommy make sure that both my water bowl and my food dish are kept full. Then of course my Aunt Linda gives us loads of treats and tastes of her food all the time.
- A bed and home; 78 million Americans are homeless. That number includes 11 million children. I have a great home to live in a bed to sleep in that I share with my parents and siblings. Though we do need a bigger bed.
- Cars and Transportation; can you imagine having to walk everywhere? Cars haven’t been around all that long. Just think about what you would be like if you had to walk to work in the Las Vegas summer or the Alaskan winter. Of course, I love walks but it’s too hot on my feet in the summer months here. That said we love going on trips going camping etc. I love car rides.
- Air conditioning and heat; Las Vegas is too hot I couldn’t imagine living here without AC. I second that remark Las Vegas is way too hot. I want to move back to the snow.
- Clean Water; we take clean and safe drinking water granted, just turn on the tap and out it comes. Much of the world doesn’t have that. Of course, the only good use for water is for drinking. Other than that, it should be outlawed.
This is just a short list there are many more that daddy or I could add. I personally think life is great and we have a lot to be thankful for. Later this week most of my Aunts will be here for Thanksgiving dinner. Daddy plans to make turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, ham, vegetables, stuffing, and green bean casserole. We will all, like the turkey, be stuffed. I for one am looking forward to it as many of you already know if you’ve been reading my blog, daddy is the world’s best cook. One more thing to be thankful for.